Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Fourth IS Lesson......

Time flies. I had already attended the fourth IS lesson last week. As usual, Mr Cheong gave us a lot of homework. He also told us an extremely horrid news- we are having IS test next week, which is on the 10th of February. I was startled and waves of pressure swept my little mind. I have not comprehended what Mr Cheong taught about HTML and examination is approaching. I think I am going to fail my exam. I do not think that I am able to get A1 for IS (Infocomm Studies). I have to pull up my socks in order to pass the test with flying colours.

Mr Cheong showed us the answers for the assignment he gave us a week ago. All the answers are in his website ( http://webnewmedia.ning.com ). He asked us to browse his website and check our answers ourselves, much to the delight of those who did not do. Mr Cheong also distributed a piece of paper to us. It was about how to submit the HTML Challenge file "news.html" to him. The procedure was written down on the piece of paper.

On that day, he taught us a new topic. It was about CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). CSS defines how HTML elements are displayed. There are altogether three ways to use CSS. They are the Internal Style Sheet, Inline Styles and External Style Sheet but focus mainly on External Style Sheet only for this week. The styles of External Style Sheet are usually saved in external.css files . It can change the appearances, layouts of multiple pages at once and together which is very useful. Let me list an example. It is like when we change one of the pages, the other pages will be changed automatically and quickly. In the past, when CSS was not invented, people had to actually go to every page and change them one by one which was a great waste of time. But today, it is much more convenience, we merely have to change one of the pages. The Cascading Style Sheet document is always located in the same file as HTML file so we can find the CSS file very easily if we know where the HTML file is.

Every page is linked to .css file by using the link tag. A HTML without styles is different from a HTML with styles. There will be an extra line which shows the styles and the link ( I hope I am correct). Mr Cheong also showed us some websites for us to learn CSS and recommended a movie in Youtube called Introduction to CSS. If you want to know more, please visit my teacher's blog. I get some details from there which is very useful to me.

3 comments:

  1. How did you do in your test? you seem to comprehend what your teacher taught you. Work hard to improve your computer knowledge and skills. Then you can teach me a thing or two

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problem lah sure can one lah

    ReplyDelete